Friday, April 21, 2017

Q is for Questing Knight

Being a geek with anxiety I have an intentionally loose sense of reality that I use as a coping mechanism. Don't get me wrong, I understand the difference between fact and fiction, but that doesn't mean I have created scenarios and such in my head that I use to help me get through troubled times. One of these is the questing knight.

Based on the classic Arthurian grail quest, this is the portrait I paint in my head when I feel like despite everything I've done and worked through, that I'm not where I want to be. I'm still on the journey. There will be set backs and side quests, but one of these days I'll finish my quest. Until then I persevere. Yeah, this probably sounds strange to everyone else, but it's one of those strange things that makes me me.

No comments:

Post a Comment