Tuesday, April 4, 2017

C is for Cauliflower

My first attempt at cauliflower crust pizza.
This is an odd one, but as I said, there's not really a theme for the month. Recently I've decided to work towards being healthier, because I don't like living in a state of constant pain (or at best discomfort), especially considering I'm only 33. It's a slow process, but I have goals and steps to take to achieve them. Once of those is to fuel my body with better materials and eat less junk. One thing that's helping me do that is cauliflower. It's a low calorie/carb veggie that can be used a descent substitute for many foods. I've been making cauliflower rice for a few years and I enjoy it. I've recently started making the pizzas. I've not perfected it. It can't get it to crisp, but it is really tasty.

Here are some cauliflower recipes that sound good.

Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower Pizza Crust 1
Cauliflower Pizza Crust 2
Cauliflower Breadsticks
Buffalo Cauliflower
Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower

2 comments:

  1. I am all about cauliflower (love the Buffalo variety). Never even thought about it for pizza crust but will have to give it a try.

    (Fun fact that may be more widely known than I realize: cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kale, and brussels sprouts are all cultivars of the same plant species, descended from wild cabbage...!)

    ReplyDelete