Monday, April 3, 2017

B is for Beard

I've talked about beard-y stuff in a previous post that you can read here. I started letting my facial hair grow out because I've never been a manly man and despite what I've said in the past that bothered me. Also, it was another way to cover up my bare flesh, which as a fat person I knew that 's what I was supposed to do. I'm pretty body positive now (always have been with others, but I've allowed myself to be included in the mix) and have some pretty open ideas about gender so I'm past those insecurities.

My beard is a source of pride and self-love, but it's because I just really like it. I even have a regular regime that I take care of it with.

I'm going to take this as an opportunity to give a shout out to one of my old classmate's amazing products. Stellar Feller Beard Company is a small company, based in southern Ohio, that makes high quality beard and skin care products for men. I use their beard balm every day and it keeps my beard nice and soft (and smelling delightful). I highly recommend their Cigar Lounge, Apple Pie, and Sailor's Delight scents, though they're all pretty great. I want to say that in addition to the quality of products one of the things I really love about Stellar Feller is their motto, "Distinguish Yourself." It's classy and isn't full of machismo like so many other beard care product slogans and companies. If you have a beard, do it a favour and grab some Stellar Feller care products for it.


2 comments:

  1. Stellar Feller, you say. I may have to look into this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There stuff is fantastic. I don't know anyone that's bought it and been disappointed. I'm mostly familiar with beard balm and mustache wax. I love both. My best dude, Wirty, is a big fan of their soaps too.

      Delete