Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Moving Forward

I didn't sleep well last night. I had chest pains and my anxiety gave me several rashes. The nation (though it seems not the majority) have elected Donald Trump as president. Never in a million years had I thought this would be a reality.

There are things we can learn from this. There is a lot of ignorance and hate in this country still. Some of us have privilege, that often prevents us from seeing it first had, but it's there. I don't want to think that all of the ignorance stems from hate though. I think some of it is true ignorance (willing or not) at the plight of our fellow man. We need to educate these ignorant folks. We also need to help the disenfranchised and hurting. Unfortunately, I believe the group will be increasing over the next four years. Remember, when one of us hurts, we all hurt.

I'm taking these elections results as a call to action. I've tried to do my part to help others, but I know I could be doing more. Take care of yourself, take care of others, and let's all try to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment