Thursday, November 10, 2016

In Fearful Day, In Raging Night....

I'm a geek and because of this I find ways to make the things I read and love applicable to reality. In the DC Comics universe there are individuals who possess rings of power associated with the core emotions. You've probably heard of Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) who his just one member of the Green Lantern Corps. These Lanterns are powered by Willpower/Force of Will (which for some reason is an emotion). There are Corps for fear, rage, avarice, compassion, love, and hope. That last Corps, the Blue Lanterns are my favorite. This is their oath.


The Blue Lantern Corps resonate with me deeply. Despite everything that happens, I have to be hopeful. If I'm not I go to a dark place. I've been there before and each time it's harder to come back. I have to remain hopeful. That being said, the Blue Lanterns are a relatively weak group on their own. Their primary function is to bolster Green Lanterns. Without Willpower, Hope can do little.

And that's it. I will be hopeful and work for a better future for not just my son, but everyone. However, I need support to do so. Well all do. We are still stronger together. Don't forget that.

 

1 comment: