Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Rory's Story Cubes

I wanted to share something with my fellow librarians, educators, and parents. Rory's Story Cubes are a creative and fun tool.  The concept is simple. You have several six sided die with pictures on them. You roll the dice and create a story using the images you get. It's as a phenomenal party game or icebreaker and is also a fun mental workout that promotes literacy development and problem solving.

There are a few base sets: Original, Actions, Voyages (which I own and love), Batman, and Moomin (Finnish comic strip I'm not really familiar with). In addition there are add-on mini expansions.

The cubes are affordable and a lot of fun. I use them for programs at the library and kids just have a blast with them. If you have or work with kids (up to teens), you should grab a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment