Sunday, May 8, 2016

Subscription Boxes

Subscription services seems to be a really popular. It just feels good to get fun stuff in the mail. These are the ones I have experience with.

Loot Crate
Basic Cost: 19.95 (including s/h)
Frequency: Monthly
Description: Loot Crate is a a monthly mystery crate service for geeks. Crates include collectibles, shirts, and other geek memorabilia with a value of $45+.
My Experience: I only had Loot Crate for a month, but it was neat. It's mainly just a bunch of geeky knick-knacks. Their exclusives are pretty cool. Here's the kind of items you might find it:

Mythoard
Basic Cost: 25.00 (including s/h)
Frequency: Monthly
Description: Mythhoard is the tabletop rpg subscription box. It's a mixed bag of old and new rpg materials. The value of the items are 45+ (just like Loot Crate).
My Experience: I've been a subscriber for three months and I really enjoy. There's always at least something in every box to make it worth price. That being said, this is for serious table top rpg players only.


Basic Cost: 19.95 (including s/h)
Frequency: Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly
Description:  NatureBox is a healthy snack services. All of the snacks have simple ingredients, no artificial junk, high fructose corn syrup, or MSG. In addtion, each snack is 200 calories or less a serving. You can also double the snacks you get by paying 32.95.
My Experience: I really liked NatureBox. The snacks were typically really tasty. You can choose what you want or have them randomly selected (which is exciting but occasionally disappointing). Some of the snacks are still loaded with sodium and sugar though, so be warned they aren't necessarily as healthy as you might expect.
Basic Cost: 11.99 (including s/h)
Frequency: Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly
Description: Like NatureBox, graze is a healthy snack service. Unlike NatureBox, all of graze snacks are single serving. In addition, some snacks require microwaves. The thing I really like about graze is that you can picks the style of box you want. Need energy boosters, go for the "Afternoon Pick-Me-Up" box.
My experience: I'm actually waiting on my free sampler box of graze, but I'm excited about it. It's cheap enough that I can do it weekly and not feel a big hit to my funds.

What are your experiences with subscription box services? I'd love to hear what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I love my mythoard subscription so much. it's like christmas every month.

    ReplyDelete