Saturday, May 7, 2016

Rockabilly Style For Fat Guys

I'm a rockabilly boy at heart. There's something about a standing bass the calls to my soul. And the look, it's fantastic. It's not really something I ever felt like I could pull off. That was until I discovered the wonders of the web.

If you want authentic mechanic shirts, Red Kap's website is the place to go. My shirts tend to run 5XL (yup, fat and tall), but these guys have stuff that run my size. They have several items that run up to 6X. They also do custom embroidered name patches too. That's how I got my kickass, Pun shirt. They have really good prices too. They also regularly send discount codes if you sign up for their discount club.


You can get some nice customization by adding a patch or two. Etsy is a great place to go. Rockabilly Hoodlum on eBay is a great source of patches (and clothing) too.

Lucky 13 is another good option if you want something less plain. They are a bit pricey, but they have some big and tall stuff. A majority of their items run to 3X or 4X, though I've seen some 6X shirts on their site. They aren't always the classiest, but that's not exactly what the style is about, is it?
purchase here

purchase here

purchase here
As far as pants are concerned, I've found that you can't go wrong with a good pair of Dickies. I occasionally wear black dress pants, but honestly, black work pants are more authentic and they're a hell of a lot sturdier. If you don't order from Dickies, Amazon has them for a great price, as does the Red Kap's website that I mentioned earlier. I have a pair of these and I love them.
purchase here

As far as shoes are concerned, any good work boot or skate shoe will do. I'm an all black kind of dude, but whatever suits you best.

To complete the look you need a good stylish haircut. I suggest finding a good barber. If you're in or near Columbus, Ohio, I'd recommend Old Familiar Barber Shop. These folks rock! They do good work.


















Finally, you need the right attitude. You rock. 'Nuff said. You're style is just amplifying that.

Now listen to some tunes and let the music sink into your soul. I recommend these:

1 comment: