Friday, May 13, 2016

Never Stop Learning

I don't know about you, but it seems like daily I'm bombarded with advertisements and articles that tell me what I need to do (or not do) to be healthier. Unfortunately, most of these focus on physical health. I think mental and emotional health are often overlooked in today's society.

At the beginning of the year I mad the decision to be healthier. I didn't do this because of a New Year's Resolution, my decision just happened to coincide with the beginning of the year. I realized that I'd been very hypocritical. Seriously, I work at a library. Inspiring people to learn new things is my job, but I wasn't doing that myself.

It's very easily to become complacent. Most people operate on autopilot. I get it, it's comfortable. Problem is, it's also stagnant. This is my challenge to you. Go to the library. Try to cook new recipes. Take a trip a museum. Learn a new hobby. Do something to stimulate your mind.

I'll leave you with a how-to video made by my awesome friend Sulfur.


2 comments: